Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Urology
- Update on male erectile dysfunction.BMJ. 1998; 316: 678-682
- Physical activity and erectile dysfunction in middle-aged men.J Androl. 2012; 33: 154-161
- Impotence and its medical and psychosocial correlates: results of the Massachusetts Male Aging Study.J Urol. 1994; 151: 54-61
- A new era in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: chronic phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibition.BJU Int. 2010; 105: 1634-1639
- A review of the pathophysiology and novel treatments for erectile dysfunction.Adv Pharmacol Sci. 2010; 2010: 1-10
- Saw palmetto extracts for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a systematic review.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1604-1609
- A systematic review and meta-analysis on the use of phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors alone or in combination with alpha-blockers for lower urinary tract symptoms due to benign prostatic hyperplasia.Eur Urol. 2012; 61: 994-1003
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia and male lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS).Clin Evid. 2011; 8: 1801-1840
- Serenoa repens (permixon). A review of its pharmacology and therapeutic efficacy in benign prostatic hyperplasia.Drugs Aging. 1996; 9: 379-395
- Updated meta-analysis of clinical trials of Serenoa repens extract in the treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia.BJU Int. 2004; 93: 751-756
- Serenoa repens extract in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.Ther Adv Urol. 2011; 3: 193-198
- Evaluation of male sexual function in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) treated with a phytotherapeutic agent (Permixon), tamsulosin or finasteride.Eur Urol. 2005; 48: 269-276
- Recording the corpus cavernosum electromyogram: principles and problems.J Urol. 1996; 155: 2074-2079
- The rat as a model for the study of penile erection.J Urol. 1989; 141: 656-661
- Viagra-after one year.Urology. 1999; 54: 12-17
- In vivo and in vitro investigation of the effects of sildenafil on rat cavernous smooth muscle.J Urol. 2001; 165: 1010-1014
- Neurogenic erectile dysfunction.Clin Auton Res. 2001; 11: 285-294
- Evolution in the concept of erection anatomy.Surg Radiol Anat. 2011; 33: 301-312
- Chronic administration of fluoxetine impairs neurogenic and endothelium-dependent relaxation of the rabbit corpus cavernosum smooth muscle.Eur J Pharmacol. 2011; 670: 224-228
- Nitric oxide and cyclic GMP formation following relaxant nerve stimulation in isolated human corpus cavernosum.Br J Urol. 1995; 75: 516-522
- Chronic inhibition of nitric-oxide synthase induces hypertension and erectile dysfunction in the rat that is not reversed by sildenafil.BJU Int. 2010; 106: 78-83
- Erectile dysfunction and diabetes: a review of the current evidence-based medicine and a synthesis of the main available therapies.Diabetes Metab. 2012; 38: 1-13
- The pleiotropic effects of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) on the physiology and pathology of penile erection.Curr Pharm Des. 2005; 11: 4041-4046
- Cloning of rat and human inducible penile nitric oxide synthase. Application for gene therapy of erectile dysfunction.Biol Reprod. 1997; 56: 954-963
- Nitric oxide synthase gene transfer for erectile dysfunction in a rat model.BJU Int. 2003; 91: 691-696
- The genetic inactivation of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) intensifies fibrosis and oxidative stress in the penile corpora cavernosa in type 1 diabetes.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 3033-3044
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) isozymes as targets of the intracellular signalling network: benefits of PDE inhibitors in various diseases and perspectives for future therapeutic developments.Br J Pharmacol. 2012; 165: 1288-1305
- Mechanisms of direct relaxant effect of sildenafil, tadalafil and vardenafil on corpus cavernosum.Eur J Pharmacol. 2006; 541: 184-190
- A novel compound JPM8: in vivo penile activity promotion in rats, effect on the relaxation and cGMP/cAMP accumulation in isolated rabbit corpora cavernosa.Int J Impot Res. 2002; 14: 453-461
- Effect of the phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors sildenafil, tadalafil and vardenafil on rat anococcygeus muscle: functional and biochemical aspects.Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2009; 36: 358-366
Surong Yang and Changrui Chen contributed equally to this work.
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Funding Support: This study was partly supported by Shanghai Leading Academic Discipline Project (B119) and Jiangsu Honghui Medical Co., Ltd, Nanjing, China.