Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Time trends in reported prevalence of kidney stones in the United States: 1976-1994.Kidney Int. 2003; 63: 1817-1823
- Cost analysis of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy relative to other surgical and nonsurgical treatment alternatives for urolithiasis.Med Care. 1986; 24: 1151-1160
- Risk factors for CKD in persons with kidney stones: a case-control study in Olmsted County, Minnesota.Am J Kidney Dis. 2010; 55: 61-68
- Global prevalence of diabetes: Estimates for the year 2000 and projections for 2030.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 1047-1053
- Diabetes in Asia: epidemiology, risk factors, and pathophysiology.JAMA. 2009; 301: 2129-2140
- Urinary tract infections in patients with diabetes.Am J Med. 2002; 113: 80S-84S
- Effect-modifications by age and sex on the risks of coronary artery disease and revascularization procedures in relation to diabetes.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007; 75: 88-95
- Metabolic and genetic characterization of prediabetic states.J Clin Invest. 1994; 94: 1714-1721
- Pathophysiologic basis for normouricosuric uric acid nephrolithiasis.Kidney Int. 2002; 62: 971-979
- Biochemical profile of stone-forming patients with diabetes mellitus.Urology. 2003; 61: 523-527
- The pathogenesis and treatment of kidney stones.N Engl J Med. 1992; 327: 1141-1152
- Increased risk of common infections in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus.Clin Infect Dis. 2005; 41: 281-288
- Infection and urinary stones.Curr Opin Urol. 2003; 13: 63-67
- Urinary stone disease in diabetes mellitus.Scand J Urol Nephrol. 2003; 37: 64-70
- Diabetes mellitus and the risk of nephrolithiasis.Kidney Int. 2005; 68: 1230-1235
- Diabetes mellitus and the risk of urinary tract stones: a population-based case-control study.Am J Kidney Dis. 2006; 48: 897-904
- Does universal health insurance make health care unaffordable?.Health Aff. 2003; 22: 77-88
- Increased risks of hip fracture in diabetic patients of Taiwan: a population-based study.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 75-80
- National Statistics of Regional Standard Classification Data.Directorate-General Budget, Accounting and Statistics, Taipei, Taiwan1993
- Urinary tract infection in patients with diabetes mellitus.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 1994; 4: 113-116
- Effect of glucose and pH on uropathogenic and non-uropathogenic Escherichia coli: studies with urine from diabetic and non-diabetic individuals.J Med Microbiol. 1999; 48: 535-539
- Diabetic autonomic neuropathy.Diabetes Care. 1978; 27: 1043-1054
- Urinary oxalate excretion in female calcium oxalate stone formers with and without a history of recurrent urinary tract infections.Urol Res. 2001; 29: 245-248
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria in patients with diabetes mellitus.Rev Infect Dis. 1991; 13: 150-154
- Accuracy of diabetes diagnosis in health insurance claims data in Taiwan.J Formos Med Assoc. 2005; 104: 157-163
- The current state of diabetes management in Taiwan.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2001; 54: S55-S65
- Urinary stone analysis of 1,000 patients in southern Taiwan.Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2007; 23: 63-66
- [Clinical and epidemiological studies on urolithiasis in Ilan].J Formos Med Assoc. 1994; 93: S142-S148
- Men: good health and high mortality.Aging Clin Exp Res. 2008; 20: 91-102
Ming-Chung Ko and Chung-Yi Li contributed equally to this article.
Funding Support: This study was supported by a contract with the Taiwan National Scientific Council (NSC98-2314-B-227-001-MY2), Department of Health (DOH100-TD-B-111-004 and DOH100-TD-C-111-005) and the China Medical University Hospital (1MS1).
The interpretation and conclusions contained herein do not represent those of BNHI, Department of Health or NHRI.