Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The continued decline of formal urological education of medical students in the United States: does it matter?.J Urol. 2006; 175 (discussion 2247–2248): 2243-2247
- The present status of undergraduate urologic training.J Urol. 1956; 76: 309-322
- A report on the present status of undergraduate urologic teaching in medical schools and some resulting recommendations.J Urol. 1978; 119: 303-304
- The current status of undergraduate urological teaching.J Urol. 1988; 139: 1160-1162
- The decline of urological education in United States medical schools.J Urol. 1994; 152: 169-170
- The burden of urologic diseases in America.J Urol. 2005; 173: 1065-1066
- Trends in career choice by US medical school graduates.JAMA. 2003; 290: 1179-1182
- The core learning objectives education model: an approach to the teaching of core concepts in the clinical clerkship.Can J Urol. 2005; 12: 2849-2855
- Development and initial evaluation of a novel urology curriculum for medical students.J Urol. 2004; 172: 278-281
- Assessment of the core learning objectives curriculum for the urology clerkship.J Urol. 2007; 178: 2114-2118
- Multimedia to teach urology to medical students.Urology. 1999; 53: 267-270
- Computer-assisted learning; experience at the Bristol Urological Institute in the teaching of urology.Br J Urol. 1997; 80: 59-62
- A multi-institutional randomized controlled trial of adjuvant web-based teaching to medical students.Acad Med. 2006; 81: 224-230
- Randomized, controlled trial of spaced education to urology residents in the United States and Canada.J Urol. 2007; 177: 1481-1487
- 2007 Information for Applicants for Recertification.Accessed October 26, 2007)
- Urological needs assessment for primary care practice: implications for undergraduate medical education.J Urol. 1999; 161: 1282-1285
This study was supported by the Pellegrino Foundations, the Research Career Development Award Program of the Veterans Affairs Health Services Research & Development Service, the American Urological Association Foundation and Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position and policy of the United States Federal Government or the Department of Veterans Affairs. No official endorsement should be inferred.