Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Studies on prostate cancer.Cancer Res. 1941; 1: 293-299
- Studies on prostate cancer—effects of castration on advanced carcinoma of the prostate gland.Arch Surg. 1941; 43: 209-216
- Combination therapy for prostate cancer. Endocrine and biologic basis of its choice as new standard first-line therapy.Cancer. 1993; 71: 1059-1065
- A controlled trial of leuprolide with and without flutamide in prostatic carcinoma.N Engl J Med. 1989; 321: 419-423
- Bilateral orchiectomy with or without flutamide for prostate cancer.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 1036-1040
- Determination of testosterone in human peripheral and adrenal venous plasma.J Clin Endocrinol. 1964; 24: 432-437
- Testosterone in human plasma.N Engl J Med. 1965; 273: 902-905
- Plasma testosterone levels in patients with prostatic carcinoma before and after treatment.J Urol. 1968; 99: 788-792
- Plasma testosterone.BJU. 1973; 45: 668-673
- Total testosterone, free-androgen index, calculated free testosterone, and free testosterone by analog RIA compared in hirsute women and in otherwise-normal women with altered binding of sex-hormone-binding globulin.Clin Chem. 1987; 33: 1372-1376
- Ciba Corning ACS:180 testosterone assay evaluated.Clin Chem. 1996; 42: 1445-1450
Oefelein MG, and Cornum R: Failure to achieve castrate levels of testosterone during luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonist therapy: the case for monitoring serum testosterone levels and a treatment decision algorithm. J Urol 164: 726–729, 2000.
- Comparison of LHRH analogue (Zoladex) with orchiectomy in patients with metastatic prostatic carcinoma.Br J Urol. 1991; 67: 502-506
- Goserelin versus orchiectomy in the treatment of advanced prostate cancer.Urology. 1995; 46: 220-225
- Effect of orchidectomy on serum concentrations of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone in patients with prostatic cancer.Scand J Urol Nephrol. 1992; 26: 11-15
- Testicular endocrine function in patients with prostatic cancer receiving medical castration by long-term administration of LH-RH agonists.Nippon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi. 1989; 80: 1466-1470
- Serum testosterone-based luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonist redosing schedule for chronic androgen ablation.Urology. 1999; 54: 694-699
Agency for Health Care Policy and Research: Relative effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of methods of androgen suppression in the treatment of advanced prostatic cancer (AHCPR Publication No. 99-E012). Available at: http://www.ahcpr.gov/clinic/index.html#evidence. Accessed August 20, 2000.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) practice guidelines version 1.97.Oncology. 1997; 11: 180-201