Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
SEER. Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results Program. Available from: www.seer.cancer.gov. SEER*Stat Database: Incidence—SEER 17 Regs Limited-Use, November 2008 Sub (1969-2006 varying)—Linked To County Attributes—Total U.S., 1969-2006 Counties, National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Cancer Statistics Branch. Released April 2009, based on November 2008 submission.
- Penile change following radical prostatectomy: size, smooth muscle atrophy, and curve.Curr Urol Rep. 2008; 9: 492-499
- Changes in penile length after robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.J Endourol. 2011; 25: 65-69
- A prospective study measuring penile length in men treated with radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer.J Urol. 2003; 169: 1462-1464
- The COMPARE registry: design and baseline patterns of care for men with biochemical failure after definitive treatment of localized prostate cancer.Urology. 2010; 75: 623-629
- Categorical Data Analysis.2 ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York2002
- Bias reduction of maximum likelihood estimates.Biometrika. 1993; 80: 27-38
- The effects of long-term androgen deprivation therapy on penile length in patients with prostate cancer: a single-center, prospective, open-label, observational study.J Sex Med. 2011; 8: 3214-3219
- Penile length changes in men treated with androgen suppression plus radiation therapy for local or locally advanced prostate cancer.J Urol. 2007; 177: 128-130
- Cardiovascular comorbidity and treatment regret in men with recurrent prostate cancer.BJU Int. 2012; 110: 201-205
- Regret in men treated for localized prostate cancer.J Urol. 2003; 169: 2279-2283
- Cancer patients' reluctance to disclose their emotional distress to their physicians: a study of Japanese patients with lung cancer.Psycho-oncology. 2008; 17: 460-465
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.
Funding Support: This work was supported by an anonymous family foundation, the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation Clinical Research Fellowship at Harvard Medical School, David and Cynthia Chapin, Fitz's Cancer Warriors, and a Heritage Medical Research Institute/Prostate Cancer Foundation Young Investigator Award.