Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2010: 647-654 How Tobacco Smoke Causes Disease the Biology and Behavioral Basis Smoking-Attributable Disease: a Report of the Surgeon General.
- Cigarette smoking and male infertility.J Adv Res. 2010; 1: 179-186
- Effect of smoking on seminal plasma ascorbic acid in infertile and fertile males.Andrologia. 2006; 38: 221-224
- The influence of cigarette smoking on human sperm quality and DNA fragmentation.Toxicology. 2006; 223: 54-60
- CASA-based sperm kinematics of environmental risk factor-exposed human semen samples designated as normozoospermic in conventional analysis.Andrologia. 2010; 42: 242-246
- Clinical significance of sperm DNA damage in assisted reproduction outcome.Hum Reprod. 2010; 25: 1594-1608
- [Impact of cigarette smoking on human sperm DNA integrity].Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2010; 16: 300-304
- Spontaneously developed tail swellings (SDTS) influence the accuracy of the hypo-osmotic swelling test (HOS-test) in determining membrane integrity and viability of human spermatozoa.J Assist Reprod Genet. 2010; 27: 83-86
- Influence of lead and zinc on rat male reproduction at biochemical and histopathological levels.J Appl Toxicol. 2010; 21: 507-512
- Relationship between seminal plasma zinc and semen quality in a subfertile population.J Hum Reprod Sci. 2010; 3: 124-128
- Cambridge University Press, Cambridge2010 Laboratory Manual for the Examination of Human Semen and Semen-Cervical Mucus Interaction. 5th ed.
- Sperm chromatin condensation in infertile men with varicocele before and after surgical repair.Fertil Steril. 2011; 95: 1705-1708
- Alterations in mitochondria membrane potential and oxidative stress in infertile men: a prospective observational study.Fertil Steril. 2003; 80: 844-850
- Correlation between human sperm hypo-osmotic swelling test and other semen parameters.J Clin Lab Anal. 1993; 7: 243-246
- Lead and cadmium concentration in the seminal plasma of men in the general population: correlation with sperm quality.Reprod Toxicol. 2003; 17: 447-450
- Seminal mast cells in infertile asthenozoospermic males.Andrologia. 2007; 39: 244-247
- Seminal plasma cotinine and insulin-like growth factor-I in idiopathic oligoasthenoteratozoospermic smokers.BJU Int. 2009; 103: 108-111
- Effect of smoking status on seminal parameters and apoptotic markers in infertile men.J Urol. 2011; 186: 1986-1990
- Effect of cigarette smoking on levels of seminal oxidative stress in infertile men: a prospective study.Fertil Steril. 2002; 78: 491-499
- The influence of smoking on semen quality, seminal microelements and Ca2+-ATPase activity among infertile and fertile men.Clin Biochem. 2008; 41: 1199-1203
- Sperm plasma membrane integrity in fertile and infertile men.Andrologia. 1992; 24: 141-144
- Effects of cigarette smoking on sperm plasma membrane integrity and DNA fragmentation.Int J Androl. 2004; 27: 296-300
- Bulky DNA adducts in human sperm: relationship with fertility, semen quality, smoking, and environmental factors.Mutat Res. 2003; 537: 53-65
- Cigarette smoking impairs sperm bioenergetics.Int Braz J Urol. 2010; 36: 60-65
- Incomplete protection of genetic integrity of mature spermatozoa against oxidative stress.Reprod Toxicol. 2011; 32: 106-111
- Tobacco consumption and benzo(a)pyrene-diol-epoxide-DNA adducts in spermatozoa: in smokers, swim-up procedure selects spermatozoa with decreased DNA damage.Fertil Steril. 2011; 95: 2013-2017
- Lack of association between smoking and DNA fragmentation in the spermatozoa of normal men.Hum Reprod. 2000; 15: 1314-1321
- Seminal plasma lead, cadmium and zinc in relation to tobacco consumption.Int J Androl. 1994; 17: 24-28
- Effect of smoking on semen quality of infertile men in Shandong, China.Asian J Androl. 2000; 2: 143-146
- Seminal plasma zinc level may be associated with the effect of cigarette smoking on sperm parameters.J Int Med Res. 2010; 38: 923-928
Financial Disclosure: The authors declare that they have no relevant financial interests.